Wednesday, June 17, 2009

JUDITH



Wandering around SoHo, I spotted what seems to be a Judith Supine creation.  oh COLLAGE how I love thee. And Judith Supine. I went to one of his shows at the English Kills gallery in Brooklyn. For those not familiar with Judith ( yes he is male, he took on his mother's name and "supine" as the birthing position as his name to avoid run-ins with the law), he does street art. And he does it well. I am quite enamored by his work, which often reflects a political sensitivity. Most of his work is larger in scale, the image at right wasn't much bigger than my biology textbook. Judith has hung his work off the Manhattan Bridge  and made it float on the East river. In addition he has also posted his work on the Army recruitment center in Times Square. He is a lovely lovely street artist. I should really devote more to him considering he was the subject of my senior thesis ( "extended essay"). However, if fate is kind to me I am sure I will come across more of his work, and therefore have more to blog about.  

No comments: